LWV members and non-members alike living in Juneau have many opportunities to get involved in helping increase civic engagement, either through helping with voting processes, policy study, issue advocacy, or service on volunteer bodies.
There are many ways to help improve voter participation and the electoral process for elections and government at all levels. This page provides a series of links to help those who wish to become more involved. Perhaps some of these will meet what you are looking for, or trigger some ideas for further follow-up.
- Increase your knowledge of citizenship and civics
- Join the League of Women Voters
- Follow the CBJ Assembly actions and meetings
- Follow the Juneau School Board activities and meetings
- Learn more about how to run for local office
- Get trained to register voters
- Get trained to be a poll worker
- Assist the Division of Elections with Other Election Work
- Serve on a CBJ Board or Committee
- Follow the Legislative session and track legislation of interest