LWV Juneau Publications
The LWV of Juneau publishes a periodic newsletter (“The Voter”). Back issues can be downloaded by clicking on the links.
- Juneau Voter – Spring 2021
- Juneau Voter – Spring 2020
- Juneau Voter – Fall 2019
- Juneau Voter – Spring 2019
- Juneau Voter – Fall 2018
- Juneau Voter – Summer 2018
- Juneau Voter – Spring 2018
- Juneau Voter – Spring 2017
- Juneau Voter – Fall 2016
- Juneau Voter – Spring 2016
- Juneau Voter – Summer 2015
- Juneau Voter – Spring 2015
- Juneau Voter – Winter 2014
- Juneau Voter – Summer 2014
- Juneau Voter – Fall 2013
- Juneau Voter – Summer 2013
- Juneau Voter – Summer 2012
This Handbook for members explains how the LWV operates and some terms used. Download the Member Handbook
In April, 2012, the Alaska League of Women Voters received a 3-year grant from the Alaska Humanities Forum to create a DVD documentary about how Alaska Native, Elizabeth Peratrovich, campaigned for 33 years to end discrimination in Alaska. The DVD is entitled:for the Rights of All – Ending Jim Crow in Alaska.” The DVD, along with a Teaching Guide was developed for use in southeast Alaska middle and high schools and public libraries. A Working Group comprised of League members, AK Department of Education personnel, and SeaAlaska Corporation staff was formed. These included Juneau resident, Marie Olson, a Native Elder; retired teacher and Sitka resident, Brenda Campen who wrote the Teaching Guide; Annie Calkins as Project Evaluator, Marjorie Menzi with extensive Alaska education curricula and guidelines experience; Cheryl Jebe, LWV of Juneau treasurer; and Juneau League members carolyn and George Brown.
A first showing of the DVD was givent to the Southeast School superintendents in Juneau on January 18, 2013, and focus groups at Mt. Edgecombe and Sitka high schools and at the Gustavus school watched the DVD in February. Download the Teaching Guide to accompany the movie.
There have been many showings of the DVD. Here are some examples:
- in April 2013, to the Sitka ANB/ANS annual convention;
- in June to Juneau Alaska Native Celebration visitors;
- and three on the Feb. 16, 2014 – annual Elizabeth Peratrovich day and one each at the Sitka Park, Juneau Alaska State Museum, and ANS/ANB celebration of Elizabeth Peratrovich day.
- The sixth showing was on Feb. 17, 2014, to the student Religious Education class of the Juneau Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.
- At the LWVUS biennial Convention in June 2014.
For easy reference we provide some Bill of Rights Bookmarks.
EQUAL PAY VIDEO
This video was made in conjunction with Alaska Vision 20 20 to promote equal pay for women. Be Cool. Negotiate